Subject to the provisions of the Kerala Municipality Act, 1994 (20 of 1994) and the Kerala Panchayat Raj Act, 1994 (13 of 1994), the powers and functions of a Development Authority shall include.
1) Preparation and implementation of land re-adjustment or land pooling or land banking schemes for the purpose of implementation of projects in the Development Authority area, in tune with the provisions of this Act;
2) Promoting planned development as envisaged in the Plans for the development authority area, through tools like Transfer of Development Rights, accommodation reservation etc.;
3) Set-up special function agencies, if required, and guide, direct and assist them on matters pertaining to their respective functions;
4) Co-ordination of implementation of Plans under this Act in the Development Authority area;
5) Perform such other functions as are supplemental, incidental or consequential to items (i) to (iii) above or as may be directed by the Government, the District Planning Committee or the Metropolitan Planning Committee, as the case may be, from time to time.
Copyright @ 2023 Greater Cochin Development Authority All Right Reserved.